Term Life Insurance Q&A
- Why should I choose BeyondQuotes?
- Which companies do we represent?
- Is BeyondQuotes licensed where I live?
- Is my information confidential?
- Do you only offer rate quotes?
- How do we choose which companies to represent?
- How much Term Life Insurance do I need?
- What are "level" policies?
- What should be the term length?
- Is it worth insuring my spouse on my policy?
- Can you explain the difference between Term and Whole Life plans?
- I suffer form a pre-existing condition. Can I still be insured?
Applying for a Policy
- How do I apply for Term Life Insurance?
- How do I find the best value plan for my needs?
- What is the waiting period between applying and coverage?
Healthy Lifestyle to Trim Down Premium
Medical science has made considerable advances in the past 3-4 decades. But however technically advanced medical science has become it is still not able to solve the mystery of aging. And to reverse the process of aging is still a far cry. Till the scientist come up with a definitive solution to stop aging, people will have to resort to other measures to bear the problems of aging.
Term life insurance at 57 is one such instrument to help people in and around this age, spend peaceful time when they are in their golden years. How we spend our younger years determine how our body will respond in the latter years. Some people start to show signs of aging earlier than others. And our health history also determines the type of life coverage policy we can enroll in and the coverage we can get.
Maintain Yourself to Maintain the Insurance Premium
Insurance companies follow an entirely different parameter to provide insurance to people who are above the age of 55. It is not really hard to get term life coverage at this age but the person has to follow certain guidelines and of course find a company that is willing to sell insurance products to them.
Some companies prefer to enroll people in term life coverage when they are young as it nullifies the risk factor. Senior citizens rely on insurance policies heavily. They start feeling the need to invest in a good plan.
On the other hand there are companies who feel that young people have much more obligations in comparison to older people and since they live a more active life, it makes them more prone to different types of risks and if their occupation carries some hazard then it is another factor to consider.
Life Insurance for People above 55
People who are above 55 years of age and are looking for term life insurance at 57 must consider certain parameters. The first thing is one should make a true evaluation of his or her health. As people age their bodies do not respond as effectively as it had been 10 years earlier. This makes may people to lead a sedentary life and which ultimately lead to heavier bodies.
Don’t let yourself go as you age. Importance of a healthy lifestyle increases with age. When we are young our body is able to resist many bad things but its resistance power decreases as we old. One does not need to go for heavy muscular or cardio exercise but a regular walk for a mile or two and some light movement of joints will be enough.